Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My final version of my fan fiction

My fan fiction is based on the movie ‘interview with the vampire’ which is based on the novel written by Anne Rice a famous horror novelist. This story starts in relation to the movie when Claudia has just killed Lestat and they leave to go to Europe to search for other vampires. Hope you enjoy reading it.


After we had disposed of Lestat’s corpse we took the horse drawn carriage back towards our lavish apartment based in New Orleans. Claudia looked the same as always sharp and beautiful with the perfection of youth, usually it pleased me to look at her, the image of a vampiric porcelain doll, but tonight I felt different. I knew that the way I loved her had weakened and although she still had my whole heart, I could never feel the same about her again after what she had done to Lestat.“What’s wrong Loui?” she asked me in her sing along voice “were no longer locked together with him in hatred, you should be pleased” I declined to answer and instead just watched the dark pastures pass by.

The following night we left New Orleans for Europe by boat as planned, the sea was rough and we had to live with the displeasure of drinking rat’s blood to survive. Even though I let Claudia snuggle into me as we shared our coffin at night I still felt the nagging sensation of hate towards her that continued to grow with each passing day.We arrived in Europe without fault and travelled to arrive in Paris, France.

Once we had set up home in a grand hotel, I took to roaming the cobble stoned inner streets of Paris leaving Claudia to her own devices. I took pleasure in the aroma of the new city and the blood that pumped through the veins of the many mortal sinners that surrounded me. I eventually felt the sensation of being followed and turned to discover another pale faced creature such as myself standing before me.He held himself strikingly off guard, like someone accustomed to see others of his kind often with the confidence that cut into me like a knife. I on the other hand tensed up and felt my heart race with shock. He without hesitation and with movement faster than the mortal eye could see handed me an invitation and disappeared, enveloped in lace and scrawled across the page in black ink were the words ‘Theatre des Vampires, 9pm, I looked forward to meeting you’ signed Armand.

The next night I set out to meet this mysterious person that summoned me. I choose to leave Claudia at home much to her dismay. Her possessiveness over me made me feel sick and as much as I found it heart breaking to admit I wanted her gone and I think deep down she knew this and it was driving her mad with rage. I found my way to the theatre without trouble and sat in a far balcony watching the show I saw before me with dark wonderment.The show was performed by a complete cast of vampires to an unaware audience of mortals.

The show consisted of the real life captured young girl being drunk to death on stage, unbeknown to the mortals ,by a male vampire who’s beauty stuck me with such force I found it hard to look away at any such moment. I knew with no doubt in my mind that he was Armand. After the show had ended I felt his presence behind me and he led me down the home he resided in. A coven held in the deep basement of the theatre.

He requested I sit in a fine chair and immediately asked me to join him here at the theatre as he wanted to make this the home of all vampires who ventured to this city especially so with me as I deeply fascinated him. I was caught off guard and Claudia’s sweet young face filled with need flashed through my mind which quickly transformed to that of murderous demon child that sucked not just blood from my veins but the very will I had to live.It was then I made the decision to leave her.

I graciously accepted Armand’s invitation and rushed home to fetch my things and make leave before Claudia returned from hunting. When I reached home I was horrified to realize that Claudia was home and she had an intense dark look behind her shining eyes. Before I knew what was happening she attacked me violently until I hit the ground screaming in pain she then poured gasoline all over me and to my horror set me alight.The fire quickly devoured my surface skin before I was able to roll it out and when I again stood my eyes caught the reflection of myself in the mirror and cried out in rage. My face had become intensely disfigured in the fires blaze so much so I couldn’t bare look at myself. “Try leaving me now” Claudia chimed sweetly from just outside my vision. “Now you truly are damned” she said to me and laughed.
The End

Feel free to comment guys!!

4 comments:

  1. Not exactly my thing but I was able to read it with interest. I would have to say i would have liked the part before Claudia sets Loui afire described a bit more as action always keeps people interested :)
    Other than that i like the way you have written it and was able you get a good image of Claudia right from the start, good use of discriptive words there "vampiric porcelain doll" very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was really descriptive. Set the mood just right for something that is meant to be dark and dramatic. Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I really liked the ending. Even though it was terrible I laughed. The story is descriptive and the story stays true to the whole Vampire scene unlike this new craze of "Twilight" where it’s more about love then the vampires. You have taken the story and given it a great twist from the original which is great to read and have taken a different take on the story. Having not seen the movie or read the book, I now want to, to compare the two. It seems like a great book and film.

    I like the way he meets the other vampire and is drawn into the “family” but is killed by his love. An unusual story in the first place and you have made it even more suspenseful and eventful.

    ReplyDelete